Looking after your health and wellbeing while you're at home
To help yourself stay well while you're at home:
- stay in touch with family and friends over the phone or on social media
- try to keep yourself busy – you could try activities like cooking, reading, online learning and watching films
- do light exercise at home, or outside once a day
For more advice, see:
- Every Mind Matters: 10 tips to help if you are worried about coronavirus
- Every Mind Matters: how to look after your mental wellbeing while staying at home
- strength and flex exercises you can do at home
NHS Apps Library
The NHS Apps Library helps patients and the public to find trusted health and wellbeing apps. These digital tools have been assessed by the NHS as clinically safe and secure to use. For more information, please visit the NHS Apps Library.
SilverCloud: online mental health support
If you are looking for extra support with your mental health you can log on to SilverCloud - a free secure online self-help programme that is proven to help with anxiety, stress and depression. The programme consists of informative and interactive modules which you can complete at your own pace to help improve your wellbeing.
The self-help modules are easy to use with interactive tools and activities to help you think better, manage your life and live well. The goal of each module is for you to take the information and techniques learned – and to start applying them in your day-to-day life.
You can log on and start using the platform anytime. Access is free and no GP referral is required: Log onto SilverCloud
Many people find that by following the advice in these free, NHS-approved booklets their symptoms are significantly reduced. They are also an excellent preparation for therapy and will help you get the most out of your sessions once you start therapy.
Please note North Essex IAPT is not responsible for the content of external information.